Winning Criminal Appellate Cases
Tennessee Supreme Court – Winning Cases
- State of Tennessee v. Erskine Leroy Johnson: Original death penalty sentence thrown out. First Degree Murder Death Penalty case in which the Tennessee Supreme Court vacated or threw out the client’s Death Penalty and granted a new sentencing hearing.
- State of Tennessee v. Franklin Howard: Original Conviction Reversed. First Degree Murder case in which the Tennessee Supreme Court reversed the client’s conviction and granted a new trial.
- State of Tennessee v. Antonio Kendrick: Original Conviction Reversed. Rape case in which the Tennessee Supreme Court reversed the client’s conviction and granted a new trial.
Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals – Winning Cases
- State v. Chuncy Hollis: Original Conviction Reversed. The client’s First Degree Murder conviction was reversed and the Defendant was granted a new trial.
- State of Tennessee v. Leonard Fox: Original Conviction Vacated. A Reckless Endangerment case in which the appeals court vacated and dismissed the client’s case.
- State v. Lashun Gray: Original Sentence Reduced. The Court reversed the judgments of the trial court and reduced the client’s sentence for employing a firearm during the commission of a dangerous felony from ten year to six-year sentence.
- State v. Richard Gastineau: Original Court’s Action Reversed. Client’s License was revoked for Refusal to take Breath Test. Client was allowed to keep his driver’s license as the trial court was in error when it revoked his license for refusal to take the breath test in a DUI case.
6th Circuit Court of Appeals – Winning Cases
- United States v. Horace Bondurant: The 6th Circuit Court of Appeal remanded the case for resentencing resulting in a reduced sentence for the client.